Pro Bono & Community Service
Andrade Gonzalez LLP is committed to pro bono work and community service.
Pro Bono Work
Each year, the firm’s lawyers devote time to assisting those in need. One proud moment was when the firm was retained to file a high-profile brief in Texas v. United States, a lawsuit by numerous Republican Governors challenging President Obama’s Executive Action on immigration. Our brief described the immeasurable benefits and contributions that immigrants make to our Nation’s cities and was filed on behalf of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, N.Y. Mayor Bill de Blasio, and approximately 30 other mayors from major cities across the country, including Houston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Sacramento, and St. Louis.
Many of our lawyers have also served on the boards and/or take other active roles supporting various non-profit community organizations and bar associations, including the following:
- California Rural Legal Assistance (CRLA)
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- Insurance Law Committee, California State Bar Association
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association (LLBA)
- South Central Los Angeles Ministry Project (SC LAMP)
- Mexican American Bar Association (MABA)
- Mexican American Legal Defense & Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- Eastmont Community Center
- YWCA Pasadena Foothill Valley
- Hollenbeck Youth Center
- The Red Mass
More recently, we successfully helped a hardworking client obtain full policy limits plus interest from a life insurance company that refused to pay.